March 12, 2020
Dear Residents, Family Members & Associates:
We would like to start by acknowledging the concerns surrounding Coronavirus, COVID-19. We recognize and understand heightened levels of concerns for residents, families and associates and want to you to know how diligently our teams are working to implement heightened infection control measures in our communities.
Nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of our residents at each Ascent Living Community. All of the decisions we are making are for the health and safety of our residents, families and associates. We commit to ongoing, transparent communication with all of you and are always available to answer any questions. Please watch for updates on the community website: https://ascentlc.com/.
We are following national, state and local guidelines regarding visitor protocols to Ascent Senior Living Communities. In addition, we have suspended group outings, and restricted non-essential vendor visitors, as well as outside groups from visiting the community. Please be advised that COVID-19 is a rapidly changing situation and these restrictions may immediately become more stringent if circumstances warrant. If we restrict visitation, we will develop alternative methods of communication. We encourage and will facilitate the use of calls, video conference, Skype, Facetime and texts to communicate with loved ones. We will allow for certain visitation in circumstances such as hospice or special situations.
In addition to the above, our communities are also taking the following preventative measures:
- Screening questionnaires are posted at all entrances advising visitors who meet any of the potential risk factors to refrain from visiting the community.
- Reminders about hand hygiene, including frequent and correct hand washing, and using alcohol-based hand sanitizers between hand washing.
- Daily temperatures are being taken on all associates and weekly temperatures are being taken on all residents.
- Increased purchasing and storage of food, medical supplies and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) supplies for our communities.
- We have educational videos playing in common area televisions and in-house channels on COVID-19 education and proper hand washing techniques.
- We have implemented additional housekeeping measures throughout the community with a focus on high touch areas with anti-bacterial / germicidal cleaning products as approved by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Associates have been advised to stay home if they are not feeling well and we have implemented a company wide associate policy regarding symptoms, travel, and restrictions.
We greatly appreciate your support and understanding during this time in an effort to keep our residents and associates healthy and safe.
Tom Finley and Susie Finley